Learn To Read Thai - Tutorial Index
- Tutorial 1 - ก
- Tutorial 2 - ร ะ อั
- Tutorial 3 - ป ต บ อี
- Tutorial 4 - ง
- Tutorial 5 - ข ค ฆ ฃ ฅ (the 'k' consonants)
- Tutorial 6 - ด อิ
- Tutorial 7 - อ า อำ เอา ย ญ
- Tutorial 8 - น ม ล ไ ใ
- Tutorial 9 - ว ห ฮ
- Tutorial 10 - ส ซ ศ ษ (the 's' consonants)
- Tutorial 11 - อ - Zero Consonant
- Tutorial 12 - ห (when used for tone purposes only)
- Tutorial 14 - อ่ อ้ อ๊ อ๋ (tone rule summary)
- Tutorial 15 - ท ถ ธ ฑ ฒ ฐ (the 't' consonants)
- Tutorial 16 - เ
- Tutorial 17 - ภ ผ พ ฝ ฟ (the 'p' and 'f' consonants)
- Tutorial 18 - อุ อู
- Tutorial 19 - โ ช ฉ ฌ จ
- Tutorial 20 - ฎ ฏ ณ ฬ
- Tutorial 21 - ๆ ฯ อ์
- Tutorial 22 - ลด (implied/unwritten vowels and consonant clusters)
- Tutorial 23 - ฤ ฤๅ ฦ ฦๅ รร ทร
- Tutorial 24 - เอีย and some other vowel combinations
- Tutorial 25 - กาญจนบุรี and other place names
- Tutorial 26 - ๐ to ๙ Reading Thai numbers
- Tutorial 27 - อึ อื
- Tutorial 28 - อาหาร Food and drink; reading Thai menus
- Tutorial 29 - Days, dates and times
Questions And Feedback
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me. Your feedback will help me to improve these pages.
The best way to remember the various characters used in Thai script is by writing them down on paper. In addition to improving your writing skills, the very act of writing the characters on paper will commit them to memory.
This is how Thai children learn and it is a very effective approach. The best way to practice your writing is by using the same worksheets that Thai children use. They are available everywhere in Thailand, but a lot more difficult to find outside of Thailand.
Thailand for Tourists
Living In Thailand
Isn't It Time You Visited Thailand?
Thailand is an incredibly photogenic country, both for its landscapes and its people. Regardless of whether you enjoy large Asian cities, beaches and islands, or rice fields and mountains, Thailand has something for you and it is a dream destination for photographers.
One of the great things about visiting Thailand is that hotels are plentiful and a lot cheaper than in most other countries. I always use Agoda to book hotels in Thailand. The company was established in Thailand and has great local knowledge, as well as a huge inventory of hotels. Booking.com also has some good offers.
If you click on one of the destinations opposite you will get a list of hotel deals. It's generally a good idea to book on-line because you will get a good room rate and you won't suffer the disappointment of arriving at a hotel to find that it is full.
Below are some current hotel deals and these change every day.