Learn To Read Thai - Tutorial Index
- Tutorial 1 - ก
- Tutorial 2 - ร ะ อั
- Tutorial 3 - ป ต บ อี
- Tutorial 4 - ง
- Tutorial 5 - ข ค ฆ ฃ ฅ (the 'k' consonants)
- Tutorial 6 - ด อิ
- Tutorial 7 - อ า อำ เอา ย ญ
- Tutorial 8 - น ม ล ไ ใ
- Tutorial 9 - ว ห ฮ
- Tutorial 10 - ส ซ ศ ษ (the 's' consonants)
- Tutorial 11 - อ - Zero Consonant
- Tutorial 12 - ห (when used for tone purposes only)
- Tutorial 14 - อ่ อ้ อ๊ อ๋ (tone rule summary)
- Tutorial 15 - ท ถ ธ ฑ ฒ ฐ (the 't' consonants)
- Tutorial 16 - เ
- Tutorial 17 - ภ ผ พ ฝ ฟ (the 'p' and 'f' consonants)
- Tutorial 18 - อุ อู
- Tutorial 19 - โ ช ฉ ฌ จ
- Tutorial 20 - ฎ ฏ ณ ฬ
- Tutorial 21 - ๆ ฯ อ์
- Tutorial 22 - ลด (implied/unwritten vowels and consonant clusters)
- Tutorial 23 - ฤ ฤๅ ฦ ฦๅ รร ทร
- Tutorial 24 - เอีย and some other vowel combinations
- Tutorial 25 - กาญจนบุรี and other place names
- Tutorial 26 - ๐ to ๙ Reading Thai numbers
- Tutorial 27 - อึ อื
- Tutorial 28 - อาหาร Food and drink; reading Thai menus
- Tutorial 29 - Days, dates and times
Questions And Feedback
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me. Your feedback will help me to improve these pages.
The best way to remember the various characters used in Thai script is by writing them down on paper. In addition to improving your writing skills, the very act of writing the characters on paper will commit them to memory.
This is how Thai children learn and it is a very effective approach. The best way to practice your writing is by using the same worksheets that Thai children use. They are available everywhere in Thailand, but a lot more difficult to find outside of Thailand.
Thailand for Tourists
Living In Thailand
Thailand is an incredibly photogenic country, both for its landscapes and its people. Regardless of whether you enjoy large Asian cities, beaches and islands, or rice fields and mountains, Thailand has something for you and it is a dream destination for photographers.
One of the great things about visiting Thailand is that hotels are plentiful and a lot cheaper than in most other countries. Each link on the right will take you to the relevant page on the Agoda website where you can see photos, read reviews, and book on-line. I use Agoda to book all of my own hotels in Thailand and the Southeast Asia region. Agoda hotel rates are usually always the lowest and I have received good customer service, therefore I am happy to recommend the company to other people. Here is some analysis I did regarding booking hotels in Southeast Asia.
Booking.com used to be more expensive than Agoda, but when I have checked hotel prices recently I have found their rates to be quite competitive. Unlike Agoda, you don't need to pay at the time of booking with Booking.com - you can simply pay at the hotel when you check in. Also, Booking.com show you total prices whereas Agoda show you a price and then add on 17% for tax and service charge.
If you want to compare prices between different on-line travel agents (OTAs) for a specific hotel, you can use a company such as HotelsCombined.
Images of Thailand